Whatsapp for iPad: Whatsapp Messenger is an incredibly popular instant messaging application that connects over 1 billion people all over the world every day. Whatsapp for ipad allows its users to stay connected with all their friends and family by the means of texting or calling on an internet connection. This application comes with a whole bunch of interesting features that makes it the most sought after communication tool. Whatsapp is a cross platform application that supports multiple operating system like Android, Windows and iOS operating system. Even though Whatsapp is available for iPhones, it is not yet available for iPad. But there are a few ways in which you can use Whatsapp on your iPad with the required technical knowledge. In this article we will discuss about how to use Whatsapp on your iPad.
Download WhatsApp Messenger For iPAD:
Whatsapp Messenger is an instant messaging platform owned by Facebook. It was launched by Whatsapp Inc. to serve as an alternative to SMS and since its launch in the market Whatsapp has instantly gained huge popularity. It is the leading instant messaging application currently, serving an extensive user base of 1 billion people. With the media sharing, calling and many other functionalities, Whatsapp is a very smart choice for a communication tool. This application is available for iOS operating system but doesn’t run on iPad or iPod touch but there are some techniques with which it be used on iPad. We will take a look at these methods later in this article.
Features of Whatsapp For iPad:
Whatsapp application has a bunch of features and functionalities that makes it a leading app in the mass market. Let us take a look at the features of this instant messaging application.
- Cross Platform communication: Whatsapp is a cross platform application which means it runs across multiple platforms like Android, iOS and Windows etc.
- Security: Whatsapp follows end to end encryption security protocol which means the contents shared over Whatsapp is only accessible to the recipients without any third party interference.
- Media Sharing: Whatsapp allows users to share media files like photos, audio and video files to other Whatsapp users enhancing the communication experience for its users.
- Document and Contact Sharing: along with media files, Whatsapp users are allowed to share documents as well as contacts among other users.
- Location Sharing: there is also the option of sharing your live location with your Whatsapp contacts. The location is shared with the help of your phone’s GPS.
- Broadcast Messaging: This application offers a broadcast messaging feature that enables users to send their message to all their contacts without creating any group.
- Group Chat: The group chat feature enables users to create groups with multiple members. You can share your contents and media with a lot of people via the group chat feature.
- Voice Calling: Whatsapp lets you make voice calls over the internet. The calls are toll free for calling across all part of the country and overseas.
- Video Calling: This feature allows you a face time experience with your friends and family. The video calls are also made over the internet and are free of charge.
- Status: Whatsapp has incorporated a 24 hour status feature that allows you to share your stories which will screen for a period of 24 hours for other users to see.
- Whatsapp Web: It is a web client launched by Whatsapp so that their users can now use Whatsapp from their computers or laptops.
Whatsapp for iPad How To Download:
Even though the Whatsapp application is not directly available for download on iPads but with a little amount of technical knowledge mixed with some tricks you can use Whatsapp on your iPad. There are a few methods by which you can use Whatsapp Messenger on your iPad. Let us take a look at these methods
- Method – 1
- To use Whatsapp by this method you will need to have a jail broken device and now open Cydia from your iPad and search for Whatspad on the search tab.
- Now when Whatspad appears on the searches, click on it to open it then select Install and then click on Confirm. It may take some time to download so be patient.
- Once the download is finished, you will be asked to reboot your device. Go to the reboot option and wait until your device reboots completely.
- Now once it’s rebooted connect it to a computer via an USB cable.
- Now from your computer’s web browser go to iFunbox website and download the iFunbox file on your computer. After the download is over extract the zipped file with the help of any extracting tool and you can save it on the desktop so that it becomes easy to access.
- Now again from your web browser go to iTunes website and download the Whatsapp IPA file from there. You can also save this file on the desktop for easy access.
- Now open the iFunbox application and you will see the connected device which is your iPad. Now click on this device so that it opens up and then click on install IPA and then select the IPA file that you have downloaded. Now this may take some time be patient as it downloads.
- You will be notified once the download is complete. You can now quit the iFunbox application and disconnect your iPad from your computer.
- Whatsapp will now be accessible from your iPad. Open the Whatsapp application and enter your phone number to start using this application.
- Method – 2
You can use this method to use Whatsapp on your iPad if you don’t want to jailbreak your device.
- Open the Apple Safari web browser on your iPad and go to the Whatsapp Web official site. You will be redirected to the Whatsapp web homepage.
- Now, you have to switch to the desktop version. you can do is by tapping and holding on the refresh button that is available next to the address bar and after one or two seconds you’ll see the option to load the desktop site. Tap on it.
- The page will reload and you will see a QR code displayed on the screen. Now simply scan this QR code with a smartphone and once the scan is successfully completed you can use Whatsapp on your iPad
Note that since you are using Whatsapp Web on your iPad you will not get notifications the way you do when using Whatsapp Web on a PC.
- Method – 3
To use Whatsapp on your iPad by this method you will need to download Copytrans, a program that scans contents of your iOS devices and archives them in your Windows PC.
- First of download and install Copytrans on your computer.
- Now get an iPhone with the Whatsapp application downloaded in it. Now run the Copytrans application and connect your phone with the computer.
- Now once all your iPhone apps get listed on the Copytrans program window, select Whatsapp and then click on Backup App.
- Choose a location in your computer to save the backup and then click OK.
- Wait patiently until all the Whatsapp files are backed up on your PC. The Whatsapp file will be stored as an API file.
- Now disconnect your iPhone and connect your iPad with your computer. Your iPad apps will be listed in the Copytrans window. Now simply drag and drop the Whatsapp API file in this window and then click on Ok.
- Wait until the file is installed on your iPad by Copytrans. Once the installation is finished you can disconnect your iPad from your PC and use the fully functional Whatsapp Messenger on your iPad.